How to Help Us
How to Help Your Doctor
There are several ways in which you can help your doctor to provide a more efficient service. Some of these are listed below:
- Please remember that your appointment with the doctor is for a 10 minute slot. It is unlikely that the doctor will be able to deal with more than one problem during this time. If you have more than one problem then please discuss the one which is bothering you most, first. It is obviously important that the doctor has adequate time to discuss each of your problems. This means we cannot safely deal with lists of problems within a 10 minute consultation.
- Please try to be on time for your appointments. We know that you are sometimes kept waiting and we apologise for this. It is very hard to run to time if our patients arrive late or have several problems. If you are late for your appointment the doctor may not be able to see you.
- Please cancel your appointment if you no longer need it, even if this is at short notice.
- Please do not book “emergency” appointments for problems that are longstanding and unchanged. These can usually wait until the next routine appointment. If you are unsure if your problem is an emergency you could always ask to speak to a doctor or nurse before making an appointment.
- With minor illnesses please see the link to access information on the Pharmacy First service. www.nottinghamcity.nhs.uk/-your-services-/your-pharmacy-services/10-pharmacy-first. A pharmacist can often give very useful advice on the management of these problems, as well as answer any queries about your medication.
- Remember the practice nurses can also offer useful advice on a variety of conditions. If you are in doubt ask the receptionist if an appointment with the nurse would be more appropriate.