In line with our contractual requirements all of our patients have been allocated a named and accountable GP.
Question and Answers:
- What Does Accountable Mean:
Your named accountable GP will oversee the co-ordination of your care amongst the other health professionals.
- Does this mean that my named accountable GP will take 24hr responsibility for my care:
No, the named accountable GP will not take on 24hr responsibility for your care, your named GP will purely oversee the care that you receive.
- Does this mean that I have the right to see my named GP everytime I book an appointment:
No, a patient can express who they would like to see, however, this may not be always possible due to appointment availability with that GP.
- Can patients still see any GP they wish:
Yes, a patient can continue to see any GP they wish as they currently do.
- Will I be informed in writing who my accountable named GP is:
No, your practice does not have to inform you in writing. If you would like to know who it your named GP is then please contact the practice. You may request to change your named GP.