When We Are Closed
When the surgery is closed, for urgent advice or treatment that is not life threatening, telephone 111.
NHS 111 is free to call and is a fast and easy way to get the right help. If you call the surgery number when it is closed you will be redirected to NHS 111 but you will be charged for the call.
Urgent Care Centre - walk-in
NHS Urgent Care Centre
Seaton House, London Road, Nottingham NG2 4LA
Tel: 0115 883 8500
The Urgent Care Centre is open every day of the year including weekends and bank holidays between 7am and 9pm and you don't need an appointment, just walk in.
The Urgent Care Centre provides access to assessment and treatment if you need help with an urgent health problem.
The service aims to be a real alternative to visiting the emergency department (ED) for non-life threatening injury and illness that needs treating straight away. You should have a shorter waiting time than if you visit ED /the hospital.
The centre offers assessment and treatment for urgent health conditions such as:
- Minor burns or scalds
- Minor head injuries with no loss of consciousness
- Skin infections or animal bites
- Suspected broken bones, sprains and strains (X-ray facilities are available) - if you have a fracture, the Urgent Care Centre will provide appropriate treatment on site and arrange for you to have follow-up care at the fracture clinic
- Eye infections or minor eye injuries
- Open wounds or cuts that may require suturing (stitches)
An urgent dental service is also available on-site that can provide free advice on dental problems (open 8.30am to 6pm Monday to Friday and 8.30am to 12.30pm on Saturday)
The Urgent Care Centre is not appropriate for:
- Non-urgent treatment that could be provided by your GP or a pharmacist
- Routine services such as blood tests or sutures (stitches) removal
- Minor health problems such as coughs and colds - you can get advice and over-the-counter treatments from a pharmacist.
For advice on a health problem or if you aren’t sure which NHS service to use telephone 111, it is free to call from a landline or mobile and open 24 hours a day.
- There is no longer a walk-in service based at Clifton Cornerstone
- There is no longer a walk-in service at the Health Centre on Upper Parliament Street but it remains open as a GP practice for registered patients.
For more information please contact NHS Nottingham City Clinical Commissioning Group Patient Experience Team on 0115 883 9570 or email email@example.com
A&E and 999
These services should only be used in a critical or life-threatening situation. If your problem isn’t life threatening then it is best to call NHS 111.